- Course Number: EC311
- Lectures: Friday (all weeks) 8am-11:00am at ZhongYuan 107
- Office Hour: Monday 14:00-17:00pm or by appointment
- Office: Antai #1706, Xuhui Campus
- Phone: 021-52301191
- TA: To be announced
- My email: jhqian At sjtu.edu.cn
EC311 is an intermediate-level course in macroeconomics. The major pillars
of this course are classical theory (economy in the long run), neoclassical
growth theory (economy in the very long run), business cycle theory (economy
in the short run), and macroeconomic policies. Intuition, technical ability,
and empirical knowledge and skills are equally emphasized.
Although not required, students are encouraged to learn the materials
in a bilingual manner.
Priciples of economics, calculus, statistics
- Introduction (Notes: Introduction.pdf)
- Macroeconomic data (Notes: MacroeconomicData.pdf)
- Classical theory (Notes: ClassicalTheory.pdf)
- Macroeconomic fluctuations (Notes: BusinessCycle.pdf) (dynamic_adas.xlsx)
- Economic growth (Solow1.xlsx)
- Financial system
hw0 hw1 hw2 hw3 hw4 hw5
Problem sets (20%), in-class quizzes (30%), final exam (50%).
- 宏观经济学(第7版)，曼昆（作者）, 卢远瞩 (译者)，中国人民大学出版社，2011.
- Macroeconomics (7 ed.), Gregory N. Mankiw, Worth Publishers, 2009.
Last updated: Feb 23, 2017